This above function is an example for Exponential growth, meaning, the function is growing very Rapidly after a slow start.
Exponential functions will always have an Asymptote. Here y=0, is an Asymptote.
The above function is an example for Exponential decay, where the function reduces rapidly. The Asymptote for this function is also, y=0
The graph of function y=2-x is shown above. The properties of the exponential function and its graph when the base is between 0 and 1 are given.
- The line passes through the point (0,1)
- The Domain consists of all real numbers
- The Range consists of all y>0
- The Graph represents a decreasing function
- The Graph is Asymptotic to the x-axis (y=0)
- As x approaches positive infinity, the functions heads to zero
- The line increases without bound as x approaches negative infinity
- It is a continuous Graph
- There are no breaks in the Graph.